Want to get your head around the concepts and hardware needed to start using some of the amateur radio Digital Modes? You’ve come to the right place! This comprehensive video will tell you everything you need to know to get started and it lays the groundwork for a series of upcoming in-depth videos on RTTY, PSK31, JT65, and Winlink.
The following questions are answered in this video:
- Why Digital?
- What is Meant by Digital Modes?
- How Does Digital Work?
- What Kind of Radio is Needed?
- What Kind of Computer is Needed?
- Do I Have To Make My Own Cables?
- What Cables Are Required?
- What About Push-To-Talk?
- How Does A Signalink Box Make Things Easier?
- How to Connect Radios to a Signalink Box? (FT-817 and KX3)
- The Importance of Setting Optimal Audio Signal Levels
One thought on “Getting Started with Digital Modes”
Thank you for this video. I found setting up the digital and showing how to use ALC to set your output. I hope this will help with getting Winlink working reliably. All digital modes face similar problems especially since you cannot not easily monitor your output signal.